Friday, February 08, 2008

Teddy Bear Quilts

Welcome to my sweatshop!

I spent the day yesterday putting these quilts together. We had three babies born to close friends and family in November and I haven't sent baby gifts yet. Hubby's mom and dad are coming to visit next week and said they would act as postman for me so I decided to kick it into high gear and see if I could get three quilts done. They were all boys, I don't think we are ever going to get girls again around here, so I could make them the same. This is where I go a bit crazy because I figure it will save me time to set things up like my own little sweatshop and do them assembly line style. Great idea, but it does create a giant project.
So my bright idea was to buy this cute sheet with the teddy bears on it from Ross and then three plain sheets and cut them up. I even had enough for an extra to put away for the next boy baby. So today I will be trying to get them all sewn up before the kids mess up my piles. Joshua has another ear infection but the silver lining there is that he will probably take a giant nap if the past couple of days are an indicator. So that will be my day, with some laundry and floor scrubbing thrown in. What are you up to today?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

they look very cute
i hope the day goes exactly as planned
enjoy
tattingbug

The Motherboard said...

Well Miss Michelle...Elisa H. here-- your old neighbor-- I totally stumbled onto your blog, and I did a double take as I realized: Hey! I know that person! Your tiara is adorable! It was so fun to read your blog and see what you were up to... your craftiness inspires me! Then to realize that you are still in touch with so many people from dear ole'Davis High... Thats wonderful!
I saw your Mom at Wal-Mart the other day... she still looks the same! Take care! Isn't this blogging world wonderful??! I am SO addicted! It looks like we read a lot of the same ones!
Take Care dearie!
Elisa H.-- An old neighbor, and fellow Dart!

Alexa Lett said...

Great quilts!

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed that you can make quilts and make scrapbooks and take care of three kids. You and my sister would hit it off because you do all of the above and well! The nice thing about those quilts is that they can be passed down when your kids have their own. We have a few that people made for my son and I appreciate how much time went into making them :)

Amanda Edwards said...

You really amaze me with your productivity! You get so much done with Joshua hanging around - he must be a well behaved little boy? My Josh has gone mental lately! He must know that his terrible 2 birthday is approaching!

Circe said...

I love the quilts and your assembly-line style. Xanthe has her quilt in her crib and calls it her "Michelle blankie." Since you asked...my day was full of guitar lessons, practicing with the kids and buying ingredients for a poodle skirt for Golda's '50's day. Oh, how I wish you were here to help me with this skirt!

Janice said...

I've got to recover my upstairs (piles of laundry every where) and take the kids out for some fun. I don't know what yet, but we will have some fun! Oh, I so want to learn how to quilt.

Natasha Burns said...

wow great idea to use the sheets!! can't wait to see them all finished!