Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sunday Update, The Great Balloon Adventure!

Would you like to come on a magical adventure with us? Lucky you, you can come on our adventure without getting up at 5:15 in the morning like we did. I'm not sure, that just might be considered child abuse. But it is all worth it when you get to see this:

That is right! Hot air Baaaallloooooooons!
So find a spot right up front where you can see all the action as the great beauties start to come to life! (Yes, Mr. Joshua looked like this most of the morning-really not sure about this!)

If you are careful you can even tromp between them with your dad!

You can even get so close you can feel the heat from the gorgeous fire bringing the balloon to life!

Or you can stick with your tough mom to protect you from the fire-breathing type noises coming from those big beauties.



They slowly start to lift their lovely heads...

Suddenly a bunch of them are bobbing around waiting for lift off!


Oh, my goodness! Watch out for balloons that look like crazy monsters named Gizmo!


Hey, look! He is friends with Hopper T. Frog!



Explanation: Every year since Brittany was a baby our family has gone up into the mountains of Utah on Labor Day weekend and basked in the magic that the hot air balloon festival there creates. It was one of our traditions I missed the most. This year William found one in our new part of the world. Although we were all a bit cranky the rest of the day it was wonderful fun. It really is magical. What to come with us next year?

12 comments:

Circe said...

Wow! You really were up close and personal! I especially like the picture of the fire inside the balloon. That was stunning. Glas you found a replacement for P. C.

Janice said...

Park City? Is that what you are talking about? You can go to it? I had no idea. Fill me in.

love.boxes said...

I'm so glad that you found a new balloon festival to keep your family tradition going!

KKJD1 said...

How fun I love hot air balloons just dont see many here in Ga. Thanks for letting me go with and and also thanks for not waking me up so early. lol. Blessings, Karen

noodle and lou said...

Oh my gosh...what an amazing sight that must have been!!! Sounds like it was worth the super early morning:):) xox..jenn

Anonymous said...

I LOVE ALL THE PICTURES FROM THE HOT AIR BALLOON FESTIVAL BUT MY FAVORITE HAS TO BE JOSH WITH HIS EARS COVERED UP...HOW CUTE IS THAT?! THE PICTURES OF THE KIDS GETTING READY TO LEAVE FOR SCHOOL ARE GREAT ALSO. MISS ALL OF YOU. LOVE GRANDMA

Natasha Burns said...

Wow what a sight to see! Have you ever been up in one before?

Anonymous said...

I love this! The picture of Joshua is so cute and funny:) We have something similar here in Bend every June and the balloons go right over our house (fairly low) you can hear the occupants talking. Mark took Andres up in one that was tethered and we're hoping to go up in one together. This year we couldn't get ourselves up early. I totally understand how 5:15 is a bit early but worth it. Where did your husband find this event? That would be a great tradition to continue on for your kids:)

Sarah Smiles said...

How delightful! I wouldn't enjoy getting up so early,but it sounds and looks worth it! fun

Michelle said...

Thanks guys! They actually were giving rides for a small fee but we waited too long and the line was long. Maybe next year. And there will definitely be a next year!

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

Me, me, I want to come! You took some great pictures Michelle. I love the one with Joshua and the monster balloon! Too funny. I want to go for a balloon ride sometime but my husband is too chicken. So I guess I will have to bring my tough sister instead.
Have a great week!
Tracy

Diane Duda said...

oh, i love that frog balloon!!!