Friday, August 01, 2008

The Parade of Denim Skirts!

Remember the denim skirt experiment from this post? Well I think it has become a disease around here! I can't seem to stop making them! The good news is that means three new skirts Brittany can have for school! I thought I would show you the variations I have come up with. This one was just plain denim that I appliqued flowers on. The colors are brighter in real life.
This was a pair of pink corduroy pants. The ruffle is made from a thrifted sheet.
This was one of our favorite pairs of paint. they had ballerinas on the leg. This way we were able to save one of the ballerinas and a bit of the cute trim for the insert. I added the hot pink ruffle in gingham of course!

She seems happy, and so is my bank account. All that school shopping adds up! I almost have the new dress finished to show you too!

9 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

What a cutie pie- with cute clothes to match!

My girls are 5 and 10 and they still play pretend.:-) How old are your girls?

Lori

KKJD1 said...

I love all the skirts my fav is the pink. Your dd is so pretty. Is she ready to go back to school? I homeschool so we are not starting back until after labor day. Hope you have a great weekend. Oh I have my 3rd book giveaway going on so come by and get your name in the hat. Blessings, Karen

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

Such a creative treatment and a great way to recycle!!!! I can't believe it's time to go back to school already. I am heading home this weekend to get my kids ready.

Thanks so much for your kind thoughts on my blog. ((((((hugs))))))
Jenny

quiltdude said...

What great makes, think I might have a go, I love the pink cord skirt that's my favourite.
My kids wear uniform so they only get to wear normal stuff at weekends and holidays, I think they'd love to recycle thier old jeans.
Thanks for sharing.
X Clare

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

I LOOOVE them!!! When I was in College, I used to make them like that first one, alll the time!! And, I think I still have a few... If only size 4 still fit me.... So, maybe you can make me a new one? hee hee!! I think today, I would want the 2nd one, with the ruffle!! Would it be too much for me?? It looks sooo darling on Miss B!!

Brittany must be more than delighted!! xoxo

Natasha Burns said...

GORGEOUS!!!! absolutely loving the pink Michelle, these skirts are so sweet I might just have to try making myself one, lol!

Sarah Smiles said...

Wow. cute

Elise said...

I love the skirts-I would actually like some for myself!! And I love a good vintage sheet!!
Elise

Anonymous said...

I love the skirts! Hopefully, when my little girl is past the baby/toddler stage ('course, I've got to get her out of me first), maybe I will be able to convince myself that I can do that, too.