Saturday, November 10, 2007



The best gift ever!

My friend Marci sent me a birthday present a little late yesterday. And let me tell you this was worth waiting for! I think I have mentioned before that I have a bit of a bad habit. I love to read(that is not the bad habit). Problem is I don't have all that much time and so I try to make use of any little snatches I might have. And so I usually have whatever book I am working on laid out on the kitchen counter held open usually by a remote or cordless phone so that I can read little snatches whenever I can. Now my friend Marci knows this, and so when she saw this great stand she thought of me! My hubby did mention that he was sure it intended purpose was for cookbooks and such, but look how great it works for me! The book I am reading right now is really quite small, I think it will work even better with larger ones but is just so great to have this little eyesore on my counter looking so cute now! Now more lost places, spilled food or clutter on the counter! Thanks Marci you are the best!

6 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

How clever of Marci to send you something that she knows you will use every day.
Alison

Natasha Burns said...

It's lovely Michelle, you crack me up about reading at any time and that you have put novel in there is so funny! was it you who a while back reading through facts about people, who read while stacking the dishwasher??

Michelle said...

Yep, that is me! While loading the dishwasher, cutting veggies, folding laundry...

Anonymous said...

what a great gift.
where did she find such a great thing?

Diane Duda said...

mike bought me one of these stands for christmas last year. it is on a shelf at the foot of my bathtub.
the only problem is when i lounge back in the tub, the book is too faraway to read. :(
i guess if this is my biggest problem in life, things are going pretty well. :)

di

love.boxes said...

How did I not think of that? I have never known anyone who can read and do so many other things at the same time!