Tuesday, November 20, 2007






It's the Prom!

Natasha is having a Prom party over on her blog! So I pulled out my old pictures. I meant to have Brittany model my old dresses but she isn't quite big enough yet. So this was my first prom. And first boyfriend. Don't I look happy? I was so excited, and I loved that dress. The skirt is layers of tulle and I felt like I was out of Gone With The Wind.

This wasn't actually prom, it was a homecoming but I loved this dress so much we are going to pretend it was a prom.
This dress actually still looks pretty good, it was linen and I really loved it too. My daughter's comment was "Wow Mom, did you rob a lace factory?" But really can you ever have too much lace? Not in the eighties! My date was a super sweet boy, who passed away from a brain tumor the year after we graduated. I love that I have this fun memory of him before he got sick.





And of all the prom pictures I have I love this one the most! Three of my best friends and I made the effort to have this taken at the dance. Aren't we all just lovely?Aaah youth! Hope you all have fun at the prom!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! that takes me back a few years!
I remember all those people.
You look so cute.
tattingbug

HippieDog said...

Oh you Dancing Queen you!!! I love the pictures.....Happy Thanksgiving!!!! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh Prom, how can I forget. I want all four years in highschool, I know soo onboxious!!! I love your dress, I had to laugh outloud at your daughters comment!! That is hilarious!! hhahahahaa, what a personality!!! xxo

Natasha Burns said...

Michelle I love your pics! Love your daughter's comment about the lace, lol!
How sad about your friend though...

Natasha Burns said...

Forgot to say how you haven't changed over the years, you look just as young today!

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

cute pics!! how fun!! I hope you have a great thanksgiving!!

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

So pretty! Love all the pretty lace!
:)

Anonymous said...

What a great post! So much fun going down memory lane with the dresses and hair!

Anastasia said...

no, you can never have enough lace!
such wonderful photos!

Sherry said...

Oh yes, youth!! You and your friends look happy, full of life and wonder at what lies ahead!!

Such sadness around the boyfriend who passed away...but you have wonderful memories and photos.

Girl About Town said...

Hi! Here via the Virtual Prom - just wanted to say what beautiful pictures you have!! You all look so wonderfully happy! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,
Love your pics. You all look so happy!
And your dresses are lovely. That linen and lace one especially!!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Kathy :)

bluemuf said...

Beautiful prom dress and pictures

Karen

love.boxes said...

I like that last picture best of all.

Anonymous said...

Chell you can hardly tell the Difference Between the you then and the you now Except for the Hair.
Sprklsmile

Artifax said...

Both dresses are gorgeous! How happy you look!

roseroomnz.com said...

precious memories, pretty dresses . . .

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

You all look so sweet.