Wednesday, November 14, 2007


Hurrah for the Angry Chicken!
I think I mentioned I finally got my hands on a copy of Amy Karol's book last week, Bending the Rules Sewing. It really has some fun projects done in ways I wouldn't think of on my own. this is the first of several things I plan to make from it. It is made from that same fun vintage fabric from Tif and of course is lined in gingham. It is quite small, I really like how it turned out. It is in the shop now too.


This little bow is my favorite feature.






And I finished one of the stuffies I unearthed the other day in my craft closet the other day. She has velvet bows in her ears and my little felty flowers. It had been so long since I had done one of these I had forgotten how fun they are to do. I am not sure about her pink eyes though, what do you think? Should the center of her eye be a dark green instead? She is in the shop too.

Well, yesterday was a fun craft day. I actually got quite a bit done as you see. The kids were actually both back in school so I could and Joshy was a champion napper! Today not so much. Oh, well there is always bedtime!

Hey on a kid-topic, has anyone seen Ratatouille? I have been thinking of renting it for the kiddos but I am usually nervous without a recommendation. Or at least if it had anything nasty somebody let me know! Off to try and sneak a little doll work in!

9 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

What a cute bag you have made. Th fabric from Tiff is lovely - so many things for you to make with it.
Alison

Anonymous said...

Love all your little projects. I just bought Amy Karol's book but haven't gotten around to using it yet. As for the movie. That was my favorite movie of the summer. I love-love-love it.

I saw it twice at the theatre and I rarely go to the movies. When it came out on DVD, I bought it instead of renting it.

I'm not going to give it away, but my favorite part of the whole movie is the critic's review. Such beautiful writing. You'll know what I mean after you see it.

Have fun. It's good for the whole family by the way. That's my review for what it's worth.

Betty said...

That bag is cute. I'm going to have to look for that bag. I like your little elephant too.

Renee said...

Hi Michelle,I visit your blog regularly & since you asked about Ratatouille,I just had to offer our opinions.I have 3 girls,ages 13,11, & 8 & they all loves it,including me. :) There were no really gross parts,it was a really great movie.We borrowed it from our library,the girls want to actually see it again.It was a nice cartoon to watch with them. :)
Renee

Anonymous said...

I saw the movie! I think it is totally fine for kids... I don't recall anything weird???

I love your creations, yipppeee for free time while some learn and another naps ;) xxoo

love.boxes said...

Both projects turned out soooo cute!

love.boxes said...

...about that movie.. I never could get past the idea that there were rats.. RATS in the kitchen even if they did wash their little paws.. Yuck!

Diane Duda said...

I didn't see it yet either, but plan to...even if my kids are too old for it. :)
Your handbag is tempting me and the elephant so cute.

Hopefully I'll get back to those rascally dolls sometime this weekend. If I don't ruin them they will probably show up on ebay. I'll post it on my blog. I didn't realize they were on your mind. :)

Di

Camille said...

You are always doing such cute crafty things. I may have to check out that book. Was there any special trick to that bow on the purse? It was really cute.