Thursday, October 04, 2007

A Crafting Tag!!

I was tagged by Ari the other day and I think I just might have a quiet minute to do it here.
1. What was the first thing you remember crafting as a child? Well, it had to be Barbie clothes. I loved making anything for my Barbies. This is probably where my first attempts at sewing happened. My mom still has my old Barbies and some of my creations are still there so I guess maybe my quality wasn't too bad! Also in the Barbie category. I had a cousin who taught me how to use the little pictures of cereal and such that appeared in coupons to make itsy-bitsy food boxed for my Barbies. And thus started hours of creating tiny little food made out of all sorts of things.
2. Did you go on to learn more about that particular craft and carry it into adulthood? Well, since I stayed up last night cutting out Brittany's Halloween princess dress I guess this would be an emphatic yes! I love to sew, and you know I still like to make miniature things out of sculpey clay so I guess that one is still with me too!
3. What crafts are you good at? Hard to say sometimes because I enjoy things that I am not sure I would say I am really good at(like painting-love it but wish I was so much better). I think I am pretty good at sewing, scrapbooking, jewelry making and figuring out how to create little things out of my brain.
4. What crafts haven't you tried but want to? I see all sorts of things on etsy I would love to try. I would love to try glass charms, I would really like to learn to knit beautiful things, not just pot-holders and I am really hoping to give collage a serious try.
5. If you could only take one type of craft onto a desert island what would it be? Well, my sewing machine would be most practical, then I could make me some clothes, but there probably wouldn't be any fabric so what would be the point. I think I would probably choose crochet, it would keep me from losing my mind.

Well there you go, a little crafty glimpse of me! I think I will tag Vanessa and the Small Fox. I would love to know how they started!

I guess the gene that forces us to create things has been passed to Matthew too. He made this out of pretzels he was eating this morning. I have no idea what this turns into when you grow up!

2 comments:

Janice said...

At Enrichment, we made this super easy and fun chalkboards. Just sand a big piece of plywood and spray paint chalkboard paint on them. I added vinyl letters of my kids names on them. Super fun and easy

love.boxes said...

You are good at everything you try!