Wednesday, October 10, 2007




A trip to the pumpkin patch!

I got to go along on Matthew's field trip to the pumpkin patch. Do not be fooled by the pictures, we do not live in a very rural area, but it is nice to know you can find fun places like this even near the city. The funny part is that this is a pumpkin patch right? Well see those pumpkins? They have already been picked and are just lined up in rows like that! I guess this is the time of year I sort of miss our neighbors with their dairy farm and all the corn fields we had around in Utah.
I did get some fun fall pictures though!
I loved all these knobby, multi-colored gourds. We thought some of them looked like space aliens. (That would be the expected sort of description from my little man).

Matthew was very disappointed in the Indian corn. He thought we were going to take it home and eat it. I had to explain that it wasn't really that sort of corn.


And you gotta love this funny old gal!
I love autumn. I am missing the season in Utah, but at least the weather seems appropriately cool even if leaves haven't started to change. I hope they do that here, I really don't know! October is one of my favorite months. I love the cool, the colors and the fun holidays. Hope you have a lovely fall day!

6 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

It is fun when you get to go on outings with the kids at their school. Love the last pic. of the witch pumpkin.
Alison

Alicia said...

Those are some beautiful fall pictures!

love.boxes said...

Gorgeous pictures! Watch for a surprise today or tomorrow. :)

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Pretty pictures ~ I haven't been to a pumpkin patch in years! Would love to go now that the weather is cooling off!
Have a fabulous weekend.
Blessings,
Sandy :)

Natasha Burns said...

Hey there cutie! love the haloween tree in the last post, it's really sweet!
The pumpkin patch, how cool!!! Do you guys eat pumpkin as part of a meal? I realise you make pumpkin pie but do you eat it as a roast vegetable? We do lots of stuff with pumkins here, pumpkin soup, pumpkin in pasta, salad and of course roasted with meats. When I went to Slovenia they had all these little farms and fields full of the biggest pumkins I have ever seen. I even stopped and tried to pick one up, they were too heavy! They thought we were strange when we said we eat them, they only grew them for the cattle!!!!!

vintage twist said...

Wonderful pumpkin photographs, love the witchy pumpkin.