Tuesday, October 30, 2007



Pumpkin Bread!

Well with the weather turning a bit cooler and Halloween almost here I was in the mood for pumpkin bread yesterday. Actually I was more in the mood for the smell the bread makes more than anything, and it smelled just as good as I had hoped! So if you are in the mood for a good fall smell here you go.

2 1/4 C sugar 2 3/4 c flour

3 eggs

1/4 t plus 1/8t baking powder

1/2cup water 1 1/2 t baking soda 3/4t cloves

1/2 large can of pumpkin 3/4 t nutmeg 3/4t cinnamon 1 t. salt

3/4 c oil Combine everything and then pour into greased pans, I did mine in the little pans to give away but I think it makes two regular loaves. Bake regular loaves about 1 hour at 325.

Hope your house smells as good as mine did!

4 comments:

Sandra Evertson said...

Oh, yum!
I'm going to try this!
Sandra Evertson

Felicia said...

I can almost smell its wonderfulness from here :)

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I should try some, that looks wonderful

Anonymous said...

Wow, pumpkin bread! I have never tried it, but I am sure I would like it!!
You are making me hungry!!
Kathy :)