Friday, October 12, 2007


More Halloween!
This is what is on the front porch today. A few years ago I risked life and limb by using hubby's band saw to cut out the boo and then painted it white. I made the softy pumpkin a million years ago when we were first married. And it is hard to tell but the witchy girl is actually a cat but it is rainy today so not very good pictures and of course we have Matthew's pumpkin,corn and gourd from the field trip.




Last year we made the kids and I made this fun little forest from paper bags. We loaded the bottoms of the bags with rock, cut vertical strips, twisted to make the trunk and then twisted each strip to make branches. I hot glued little foam bats on wires to fly above. We made salt dough ghosts and pumpkins to live in the forest. A neat tip I didn't know is you can microwave your salt dough figure in 3 minute increments and it will dry really fast.
And these girls are still looking for homes this halloween and they can be found in the shop! If you order this week you will also receive a bonus kitty!

5 comments:

Ragged Roses said...

Hello thanks for visiting my blog! You're very brave to use that saw, but the end result is wonderful! What a great display! I love the picture of all those pumpkins in the earlier post too! Have a good weekend
Kim x

love.boxes said...

Very, very cute! I don't want you to use the saw again. I was scared you would be injured on my behalf when you made the christmas joy and the valentine love cutouts.

Natasha Burns said...

you make the prettiest little witches i've seen Michelle!!!

Anonymous said...

I just love your witches!! And the paperbag forest and the witch kitty and the boo yourisled you lombs for and and and.. And I really really heart you! So, there... You can't do wrong with me darling girl!! I just like everything youdo.. And you do it with such love! xxo

Camille said...

You are so festive. I love it all!