Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A princess tiara and proof that it is Fall!!

I thought I would snap a few pictures this morning to prove that autumn really does come to California. Although you do have to look for it a little harder. We do not have trees like this everywhere, but they are here and there.
























I am always a sucker for red ivy in the Fall.





We do still have quite of few of these lovelies around too.





And these pretty little flowers whose name I can't remember, I think my mom called them a poor man's orchid and in Utah I only remember them as house plants. Don't you love that little green guy, I think he is thinking of taking up residence in there and wouldn't it make a pretty little house?



Well, I am down to finishing the details for the Halloween costumes. That is the part that I really love, the details are what really make this whole make-believe thing fun. So Brittany needed a tiara to make her a real princess so I finished this one last night and I am quite happy with it.



And tomorrow I will be wearing my official Queen tiara for my birthday. And since I missed my 200th post and it is my birthday I think I will have a little give-away, probably something to do with Halloween. So leave me a comment and I will draw a name while wearing my birthday crown at 7pm pacific time.

10 comments:

allison said...

Such pretty leaf pictures. And I think it's great you'll be wearing a tiara for your birthday! I'll have to remember to come visit your giveaway!

Unknown said...

I really didn't think you'd get autumn leaves in California - next you'll be showing me pics of snow and then I will be freaking out!!!! I thought it was just sunshine all year round (I am English - you can forgive my ignorance!!!!)
Have a wonderful birthday - my daughter would kill for that tiara, lol!!!

Alison Gibbs said...

Michelle, Happy Birthday to you. Enjoy wearing your Birthday Crown. What lovely photos you have in this post. Thanks for visiting my blog. It is a relief when the babies arrive asfe and sound. Riley had a rough entry into the world, but thankfully he is fine.
Alison

Natasha Burns said...

Happy Birthday to a lovely princess!!! Love the tiara and those fall photos are stunning. The rose of course is my fave! xo

Diane Duda said...

Oh! I'm too slow.
Happy Birthday/200th post just the same. :)

I was just catching up on your posts. I loved Miss Potter also and saw Pushing Daisies for the first time tonight. It was really different and fun to watch.

xo
Di
-can't wait to see the finished costumes.

di said...

hope i'm not too slow!

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Happy Happy flower crown birthday love!!!!! xoxoxoxo Beautiful photos!!!

love.boxes said...

Have a wonderful day! I love your fall pictures!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
What a lovely day for a birthday!
Brittany will be beautiful in the tiara.
tattingbug

liz said...

these are great photos!