Tuesday, October 16, 2007


What to be? A princess or a Witch?

This seems to be the question around here this week. I have been working like crazy to finish these Halloween costumes up before my sister comes to visit me(yeah!) on Thursday. Brittany decided to be a princess but for some unknown reason I bought twice as much fabric as I needed so I thought what the heck, let's make one for Libby (my niece) too. Since my sister is coming I wouldn't have to mail it. Libby had seen a black and pink witch online but it was gone once she decided to want it. So Aunt Shell(that's me) just had to try her hand at witches too. I have been making these two girls their Halloween costumes for most of their Halloweens, all of Brittany's. I just can't resist. I know it sounds crazy and like I am spoiling them but my motivation is mostly selfish. I just love creating these things! Being a mom at Halloween is one of my absolute favorite things, second only to being a mom at Christmas. As I was making the girls dresses this year I was so sad to see how big the dresses are. They used to be these tiny little princess dresses I could make out of a couple of yards of fabric and now they are like full blown ballgowns or something! I figure there are probably only a few years more when Brittany will even want to do Halloween but I am going to encourage it as long as possible. I just love the magic!






Oh, maybe I shouldn't use this pic,you can see my bow is slightly off center. I think this is one reason I like sewing Halloween costumes, nobody cares if it isn't perfect!

6 comments:

Natasha Burns said...

oh you're so good Michelle! fabulous costumes, I love how you make stuff for your kids, you're such a wonderful caring mom and looks like a caring Aunty too!!! xo

Wendy said...

Hi Michelle

First thanks for visiting Wendy's World.

Now I know this might sound a little crazy but your beautiful doll that you have on your page the pink one under your shop heading! I have really cross my heart been looking for you for about 3 months.

Somehow I came across it when I was searching the blogs and then couldn't remember were I had seen it, that is the truth, I wanted to order one!! Now tonight when I went to say thanks I nearly fell off my chair, how crazy is that!! but true!!

So do you still make her?? if so any chance I could order one!!

O' please let me know by email my address is wdufty1@bigpond.com and if not thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, so nice to meet you and find your beautiful doll and put a name to the maker. I will now pop over and see you often.

Always Wendy :)

Diane Duda said...

How lucky those girls are to have you! And you them.
Boys always want to be something bloody or insane with an occasional ninja or pirate thrown in. What's pretty about that?

Di

love.boxes said...

Your halloween costumes are the absolute best! Where are you getting the kids pictures taken these days?

Michelle said...

I am afraid the pictures are going to have to be taken by yours truly in the living room with a sheet and hopefully some good afternoon sun. Wish me luck!

Anonymous said...

those are beautiful - i wish i had a costume like that now!!