Tuesday, October 09, 2007


Our Halloween Tree!

Okay, my husband thinks I am nuts but my kids and I made a Halloween tree this weekend while we listened to LDS General Conference. He says he has never heard of such a thing. All I know is we had a great time and I think it looks cute! A couple of weeks ago Matthew and I saw some branches on the curb left over from when the city guys trimmed bushes along our street. We picked some up on our walk home from school and saved them. I tied them together and then spray painted them silver. We just stuck them in a mason jar with some clear marbles to keep them stable . Then we used some of the adorable papers and stickers I have gotten in some swaps lately to make ornaments. The kids did a great job and it really turned out fun I think. And the whole thing cost me $1.19 for the can of spray paint!
































We put it on the half-table in the front entry so everyone can see it when they come in. They are on the table with my kids in their Halloween costumes. I also have been collecting fun Halloween frames that I put pictures of my kids in their Halloween costumes in each year. It is fun to see how they have grown and changed and we get to enjoy all that work I put in every year! Plus it adds to my Halloween decoration collection!

7 comments:

love.boxes said...

It turned out great too! I love it and the cute Halloween frames. You should tell everyone about the effort you make to make every child the cutest ever cotume.. (Michelle's costumes have to be the best ever seen in the Elem. school parade) and then how you got to the effort of having each childs picture taken in their costume! The pictures are instant treasures that will help your kids always remember what a really fun mom you are.

Michelle said...

Thanks Tif! I think it is my way of reliving childhood!

Alison Gibbs said...

What fun for you and the kids to create the Halloween tree. You are making a life time of memories for them.
Alison

Anonymous said...

I just love your tree!! I have a tree up all the time(dried branch) that never goes away, it makes me so happy and gets little extras at every season!! I LOVE YOURS!! xoxo

Camille said...

The tree is great and I love your idea of framing old Halloween pictures. I remember you did that and I've started doing the same thing!

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Michelle,
Love, LoVe, LOVE your tree! Thanks for sharing how you made it! I think I am going to make one too! What a fun wonderful creative person you are! Happy Fall! Blessings!

Janice said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea! I think I will copy all of it, the tree, the frames, the works. Thanks!