Friday, January 13, 2012

Bed Buddy


Another project that was supposed to be for Christmas was this little bed buddy. I saw this idea in a shop and figured I could make my own. Brittany likes to warm up a rice bag and put it in her bed to warm it up Little House on the Prairie style. I thought this guy might be more fun. So I found a stuffed animal at the thrift store. I made sure he didn't have button eyes or any metal parts. Then I made an opening and took out the stuffing. Then I replaced it with rice and stitched him back up. I admit it does seem a bit odd to put him in the microwave but he is going to have to get used to it because he is a lot more fun than some old rice bag!

5 comments:

Sarah Smiles said...

He is so cute and he matches perfectly!

sws said...

You are such a fun mom!! Genius.

Circe said...

That is such a good idea! We just have boring old rice bags here, but I love the warmth. See, I don't need Pinterest. I just need you!

Jennie said...

Holy cow that is a great idea. We love rice bags at our house but they always seem to get misplaced. Maybe a stuffed animal will be more trackable.

Camille said...

Cute idea! Thanks!