Thursday, July 12, 2012

Parade of Homes 2012

William and I just finished up touring the local parade of homes last weekend. As usual there were some fun decorating ideas I don't want to forget so this post is mostly for me. Some of my favorite things were:
The return of wallpaper! Wish my husband would let me do this. He is afraid of the inevitable day when I would change my mind, cause let's face it, I do that. Love this color combo.

 Brittany is hoping for some bookshelves if we ever move her to the basement. They would be so pretty a little deeper.
 Who doesn't love a good owl pillow and I loved the embroidery on this one.
 Matthew has been drawing loads of cars and I am thinking I may have him do a series with a sharpie and then turn them into pillows for his room.
 Empty frames attacked by spray paint, how cute!
Last but not least for my sister and her hunter husband a whole wall painted as a mural then decked out in animal heads. William and I even offered to come paint this for and she still won't let Nate have it. She is so mean. I told her the rule had always been that she didn't want heads in the house and technically this was not in the house. She still wasn't buying it.

3 comments:

Circe said...

Funny mural! I like the car drawing idea. Can't wait to see what you do next!

Artfulife said...

I love the little girls room. So cute! Caught up on some of your posts. Can't believe you've got a teeny bopper in the house now! Hope you are having a fun summer.

Camille said...

I'm with Tiff... it's creepy.
Love all the fun ideas though. That owl pillow is soo cute. If you figure out how to recreate it, I'd totally order one!