Monday, July 29, 2013

Shelter Weekend

 
I have six of the very best girlfriends a girl could every hope for. Most of us have known each other since we were in elementary school.  Then there are two fabulous girls who because of their wise choice in men also became part of the group. We have lunch every week at one of our houses. We have done this every week for four years. I know! It is astounding! But the best part is the fantastic dynamic we have going in our group which we call Shelter, we were named by one of the kids. I was thinking about it in church today when we were talking about the bad habit we women often have of comparing ourselves to other women and find ourselves lacking. I couldn't help but think of my Shelter girls. I don't feel that when I am with them. I don't know if it is because we have known each other for so long, if it is because we are so honest about our flaws and challenges or as we often say, if you added us all together we are the perfect woman, but I only feel better and improved when I am with them. That is why last weekend was one of my very favorites of the year. It was Shelter Weekend. For three wonderful days we all go up to Sarah's beautiful condo in Park City.

We talk. And talk. Then we eat some chocolate to coat our throats.
Then we put our feet up while we talk, and solve all the world's problems.  And eat some more.
We do take a break to venture out of the condo for an amazing concert with the Utah Symphony. This year it was with Steve Martin. I know it is unusual to think of laughing a lot and the Symphony in the same activity.  Maybe that is why is was so very enjoyable.
A little resting in the sunshine. Look, not one kid is bugging Sarah!
We did also venture forth for a yummy dinner at the Silver Spur. Dinner on patio furniture with comfy cushions and live folk music in the background, and check out that view. Amazing!
We had such a fantastic time. This was our last meal before we left. Do not be fooled by its healthy appearance. This was the cleanse meal before we left. And there was also lasagna. Yum.
 Only 50 more weeks until we can go back...

2 comments:

Jennie said...

What great pics. I may have to link over to yours since I'm not close to posting about July. :)

Circe said...

Aaaah...it was so restorative. I love my shelter women. I'm sitting here in Tennessee missing you guys! :)