Friday, November 16, 2007


I feel like we are on an Oprah special!

Okay, why such an odd title for a post? Because of this little lady. You know how occasionally Oprah will have a show, something like "Women trapped in a Man's body"? Well I must confess I usually find something else to do if that is her topic of the day, but yesterday I couldn't help but think of those shows. Because this little lady was an elephant trapped in a dog's body!
I found her when I was unearthing stuffies the other day and I really wanted a pink elephant, not a dog. But I only had a little bit of the pink felted wool. So I thought and thought and decided that maybe I could transform my puppy into an elephant.



This is what she looked like in her puppy form.

And here is her profile after her "operation"! So tell me, because now I am too close, does she look like an elephant or an anteater with mouse ears? In any case she is in the shop!

Oh, and thank you so much for your recommendations for Ratatouille! We will definitely be checking it out over the holiday!

6 comments:

Natasha Burns said...

Hi Michelle! I definitely see an elephant there! so cute!

Diane Duda said...

Michelle, come see my newest painting. It kinda reminds me of you. Dang, I shoulda added a crown. :)

xo
Di

Anonymous said...

Looks like an elephant!
What do you do with a pink dog, anyway?
love to all
tattingbug

Alison Gibbs said...

Michelle, great transformation. Love the elephant. You asked about the lettering on the collages. I just used a font from the Microsoft Word program(Swis721BlkoulBT). I have the letters printed out just on a white piece of paper and I just traced them onto the paper or fabric and hand cut them out.
Alison

Mumsy said...

Hi, Michelle. I added you to my list!

Anonymous said...

so cute