Wednesday, November 07, 2007

I'm Back!!!
Wow! I think this is the longest break I have taken from blogland since I started and boy did I miss you guys! I did pop into a couple of blogs a day but I was just too busy getting things ready for enrichment night to think of anything to post. (For those of my friends who are not mormon, it is a night every couple of months that the ladies in my church come together and have dinner and listen to a speaker, do a service project or do something slightly domestic like make a craft). I have helped with these before but this is the first time I was in charge and especially with ladies I don't know very well yet I really wanted it to be a success. We made jewelry and bags out of denim jeans for kids. Every one seemed to have a good time and I think I won't be quite so stressed the next time. But boy am I glad it is over! So after I catch up with laundry and such today I am going to craft something, anything tomorrow. My sweet friend Tiffany at Loveboxes sent me two great packages of vintage fabric she was given a week ago and I am just itching to use it. Isn't that quilted rose fabric great?



















Can you tell what I am thinking of making with it? We will see, I will show you results if I succeed.












This is one of the bags we made last night. See you just cut them off at the crotch, turn inside out, sew a seam and then use the side seam as a strap. We really had fun with them. This one is made from adult jeans, I think they are cuter with kid jeans but you get the idea. Someone had the great idea of using the side seams to make straps and make it a backpack for boys. I really want to try that too now. Well I am off to do laundry, have a great day!









4 comments:

Natasha Burns said...

Cute fabric you got from Tiffany, can't wait to see your finished (is it a ginger bread man?)!
That denim bag is so cute, my friend made me one once, and I got so many comments when I wore it!

Alison Gibbs said...

Wow you have been busy. So happy for you that it was a success. Love the bags you made. What pretty fabric Tiffany sent to you. Can't wait to see the finished project - I am sure it will work.
Alison

Heather said...

That sounds like a great idea for enrichment night! Wish I could have been there!

Can't wait to see what you whip up with that quilted fabric. Maybe a little elephant stuffie?

love.boxes said...

Hooray! Another Ellie! I knew you could come up with some things to make!

Sound like enrichment was a huge success! The bag is darling! Congratulations!!!