Thursday, January 21, 2010

Husband is Away

You can always tell when William is on a business trip. I get inexplicably productive. I think it is because I feel like the need to make dinner and clean house has been lifted while he is gone. That and I start working away on projects as soon as the kids go to bed and stay up late working on them. So here is the beginning of what I have accomplished this week. I decided to make this chair I found at a thrift store in California a new seat. I love it. It makes me feel like I have my own little piece of Anthropology in my house.

I love to read Nie, and have wanted to try making silhouettes of my kids like she does for a long time. Here they are, my three little chickens as I call them. It was hard to take a photo without glare but you get the idea.

Here is the whole thing together. My little computer nook. Next my bedroom!

6 comments:

Circe said...

I hope you're getting a lot done and staying up way too late! I love the computer nook, especially the three little chickens. That's really cute.

Artfulife said...

This happens to me when Dean is gone. I have a hard time sleeping when he's away so it fun to work on things like that. Love the chair!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I always feel the exact same way when my husband travels (but he doesn't travel quite often enough). :) Love your little chair makeover. I did silhouettes of the kids when they were babies. Was actually quite easy and fun to do. Wish we had a little computer nook like that. I am still trying to get a craft nook worked out in our tv room. On the lookout for a great old desk. Have a great weekend. Tammy

Circe said...

Did you ask me if I wanted some frosting? Well, YEAH! Who commented in Chinese? that's awesome.