Friday, January 08, 2010

The New Mud Room


This is our new mud room. One of the great things about the Christmas holiday is that William's plant closes down for the week between Christmas and New Years. So he worked on lots of projects for me. He had this great, slightly unusual idea for a mud room for us. I love the green.
The unusual part is that it is in our garage! See he built that wall to separate his shop from the rest of the garage. Funny that the only wall with a striking color on it in my house is actually in the garage.



7 comments:

Janice said...

I love it. We have a mud room but several of the houses in our neighborhood don't have them and this would be a great solution.

Jennie said...

What a great idea. Why not have a pimped out gargae. :) (in a chic sort of way):) You are in there every day. Every will use it, and most importantly, it is useful. Well done - oh and I love the color!

love.boxes said...

That just looks amazing!!!

Circe said...

How fun! I love how functional and cute that is. It makes me want to work on our garage. Hey...I still have your Nutcracker CD. I forgot on Wed.

vivian said...

You are very lucky that your husband is talented and ambitious! It looks great!

sws said...

I love it! I love that the snow doesn't track into the house....our mud room tends to extend into the house....great idea! Even better that William build it!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Great use of space! I need at least a coat rack or something because my husband thinks the dining room chairs are hangers for his coat and his shoes are always lined up just inside the dooryway. I'm always putting them away and then he can't find them and wonders why they are are moved. Hope you are having a great day! Tammy :)