Monday, January 11, 2010

Its A Table!

Remember my post a few days ago? With the mystery legs and top? Well they have grown up and moved inside.
We are now able to feed 8 people at once, should we so desire! This is big for us since we all had to eat in unison at our old table it was getting so tight. It was a very old table we got from my Grandma when we got married. I have painted it more times than I can count. The new one is beautiful cherry and I am terrified the kids might mare its beauty by doing something only a kid could think of. So as soon as it took up residence in the kitchen I hurried to make a table cloth and placemats to try and protect it.
This is the table in its new outfit. I love this fabric from Hobby Lobby.
I just made these from scrapbook paper and had them laminated, I need to be able to wipe them off.

I can't believe I just wrote such a long post about a table but I suppose it could be considered a new member of the family. Thanks William for the fabulous new table!

6 comments:

Sarah Smiles said...

Wow! It deserves a long post all it's own. Lovely! I hope it survives! Good work, as usual, William!

Sarah Smiles said...

Nice tablecloth and place mats as well. The table needed its very own comment as well!

Circe said...

Wow! It's gorgeous! Who makes their own table? William is a talented man. I think you should keep him.

Movie Thursday...I think I can.

Janice said...

Beautiful.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Fun fabric to cover the table. I've been on the lookout for a new dining table for quite some time but just can't find what I want. Happy dining! Blessings, Tammy

Heidi said...

HI Michelle, What a great blog you have!! & I love those placemats!....I also wanted to get back to you about my Valentine's Day swap....just e-mail me the information sheet at heididevlin@gmail.com...Would love to have you join me!...Will be back to visit again soon!....Your friend, Heidi XO