Sunday, March 06, 2011

Gidget...Or I Wish I Was a Teenager

We just watched this as a family. Now I am all nostalgic thinking of the days when I was a teen-ager. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't in 1959 when this movie was filmed. But when I was a teen-ager in the 80's I had a friend named Leslie and we spent many a hot Summer afternoon in her perfectly air conditioned house watching all the Gidget movies we could lay our hands on and dreaming of the days ahead that would surely be filled with romance and boys. The cute old clothes didn't hurt either. So there I sat tonight with my three kids scrunched around me and hubby across the room. Not quite what I pictured all those years ago but still good. I think we may have to watch Gidget goes Hawaiian next!

1 comment:

vivian said...

I love gidget! and I love the old Doris Day Tammy movies too!
I was a teen in th e70's... OH what a blast we had!
have a great week
vivian