Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring Decorations


I have been meaning to get this posted forever. Spring has finally started to show signs of showing up around here. I wanted to bring a little inside. I made a new banner with my friend Mandi, we are going to be the banner queens with a banner for every holiday. It is hanging out here in the entryway. I did try it on the mantel with the new Spring decorations. I decided I hadn't painted in awhile so I took these frames which has some lovely lady's paintings of teapots from the 70's in them. Can't find my before pictures. Anyway I decoupaged layers of paper on top of her art and them painted my own. Oh, and painted the old wood frames cream.
Lets pretend this is a tree of life.
And that this is a Spring robin. They make me happy.
Somewhere in blogland I saw an idea using old bottles and pouring a little thinned acrylic paint inside to color them. It wasn't quite as easy as it looked and involved using my blow dryer to try and speed things along but I am happy with the results. Now if Spring would just come to the outdoors...

2 comments:

Circe said...

Cute! And I love the mini Michelle from the '80's! So funny!

Bonus Mom said...

So sweet! I love your robin painting! I may be taking some inspiration from you and springing up my place soon too ;)