Wednesday, June 20, 2007



Okay it's time to panic!


For some reason it had escaped me that this move was so close until about Sunday night. Now I seem to have hit the panic zone. The movers come Monday! And although they are supposed to do everything and my mother and sister were killer cleaners about a month ago, somehow we find ourselves in the middle of a mess. I still need to sort some things out and make sure we are not packing useless, dirty junk. So that is what I have been doing and will continue to do probably to the last minute. I was thinking about this whole thing yesetertday and wishing it could be like when I had an upper-GI scope. I know that sounds weird but when they do that they give you this drug that keeps you conscious and functional but afterward you have know memory of the whole event. I wish I could do that! I still need to be functional but I have a feeling I am really going to want to blot out about the next 2 weeks. Oh well, this is what I signed on for as the mom right? So on a more fun note, this is my last swap. I sent it off a couple of days ago so hopefully my partner Katherine, who is turns out attended my same college, will not have her surprise ruined. I have really enjoyed these last few swaps I have done. I am really looking forward to doing some more when I get settled. It is the treat I am offering myself actually. This swap was for three of your favorite things. So I sent an apron(cooking and sewing), a headband(because I really like them this year), a little Mary Engelbriet box(have always loved her), a couple of little tulip gift cards(love spring) and put it all in a box that I modge podged with music because my partner likes music. Hope she likes it! The practical side of me says I really shouldn't be blogging right now, but I have to have something fun going on around here or I will lose it! So I may not get one every day but I probably won't quit until Monday and then I may go missing for a little while. Oh, and thank you so much for the kind words about my picture, don't know why that is so scary!

5 comments:

Amanda Edwards said...

Honey, you are going to get there, it will all be over soon. Can your mum or sis come and help you out some more? Even if she just stands around to offer moral support and make tea? I wish I could come and help you! So far away! Keep blogging if it keeps you sane. We all need our little fixes to keep it together.

salty pebble said...

oh' michelle "good luck"....its always abit of a whirl wind and mess when ya move...even if your tidy!!...but it will be ok in the end...
im in the process of finding a place....and that seems hard work too...
beautiful box though sweetie,

x x x kazzy x x x

Natasha Burns said...

Just LOVE that box you made Michelle!!!
All the best with the move, how daunting! this is so fast, it felt like yesterday that you put your house on the market!

katherine said...

Thank you for that lovely package! I LOVE it!! I can't believe you accomplished it with all the moving you are doing. BEST of LUCK to the move!!1 You are a SUPER WOMAN!

love.boxes said...

Darling box!