Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Karla's having a party!
My friend Karla is having a Christmas party today to celebrate the things you like about your home at Christmas so pull up a chair and maybe some hot chocolate and I will show you a few of my favorite things.
This is an angel I painted last Christmas. I was sort of obsesses with Kimberly Hodges and she is sort of a compilation of some of the pretty ladies she paints. I like her bright colors. As much as I love some of my blog-friends soft pastel hues it just doesn't fly with the mister around here. So it is all bright colors for us.
These are my precious stockings. My mother-in-law started this years ago. My hubby is the oldest so I think she made his stocking first out of the siblings and then proceeded to make one for herself, hubby and six children. Then I came along, married the oldest and she made one for me. Lucky me! Then we had children and she made a bit simpler version for Matthew and Brittany. She has done this for all of her grandchildren I think, and there are a bunch of them now. You may notice Mr. Joshua is a bit of place there on the end. I think it is my turn to finish this great group of stockings,especially since I do know how to cross-stitch myself!
Here is the detail on mine. Isn't it gorgeous. I have always loved dolls, so this is a toy room full of dolls. And that is petit point on the little wall hangings, that is done over one thread folks! Isn't she the best Oma?!
This is one of my nativities. I love nativities and I have a gorgeous one my parents gave me when we were first married but I am afraid to get it out this year with Joshua around. I do collect them now, especially unique ones. I found this one in a thrift store and I like how different it is. I also like that it has a shepherd girl!

And these ladies never have been put away. They are hanging out in the chair in the living room while they hope for new homes for Christmas. They are still in the shop.

Thank you so much for coming to see me, and thanks to Karla for having such a fun party! Merry Christmas!

15 comments:

Southern Heart said...

All of your decorations are beautiful! I have an all-male household---besides me---so the pretty pastels don't work at our home, either. :) The stockings are absolutely lovely...what a treasure!

Happy Holidays!

Monica said...

Omg I started that EXACT stockign years ago for my daughter and never finished it..makes me sad. Maybe by time she moves out it will be done..lol I Better get on it shes about to turn 15!
Happy holidays and thansk for sharing your beautiful home!

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

What beautiful stockings!

:)

Anonymous said...

Those cross stitch stockings are stunning!!

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

Alison Gibbs said...

So pretty and ready for christmas.
Alison

Circe said...

Thanks for sharing! I really did feel like fixing a cup of hot chocolate to look at your Christmas things. I'm glad I get to see all of it! My life is so enriched by your blog! I'm not kidding!

Debbie Doughty said...

What a treasure those stockings are, and so beautiful.

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Gorgeous decorations! Love the dolls!
Hope you have a great day
Blessings,
Sandy :)

love.boxes said...

Cute, CUTE and very CUTE!!

Crafty Mama said...

I love the stockings tradition!! And how fun it was to read something Dutch (oma) between all the American Holiday Homes posts!

Happy Holidays from the Netherlands!!

Brittany said...

Your stockings are just lovely!!
Merry Christmas!
Brittany

Felicia said...

Your decorations are fabulous :)

Camille said...

Wow, those stocking must have taken hours. What a neat keepsake for you all to have.

Janice said...

I actually started those cross-stitch stockings years ago. Before I was married or had kids. I finished one--the music room and have never done one since. I LOVE them. I am so jeoulous you have two of them! I actually have every pattern that goes with those "room" themed stockings.

roseroomnz.com said...

They are the most beautiful stockings. Merry Christmas and Blessings - Rachael:)