Tuesday, December 04, 2007

More Favorites!
What is it about this time of year that makes me think of so many things that I love? So I am going to share a couple more of my favorite things. First, this is my favorite Christmas card so far this year. Even though I haven't received many yet I am pretty sure this one is going to stay at the top. My Sister-In-Law gave birth to our new cousin Spencer right before Thanksgiving. So they recreated the cutest nativity ever! Aren't they adorable?! It was so cute I just had to share it.

And this is one of my favorite books. I re-read it just about every year. It is a fictionalized version of Joseph and Mary's story. I used a picture of my own book instead of borrowing one so you could see for your self how much I love it. I do have to tell you though that I gave it to a friend one year and she didn't like it at all. I think she felt it a bit sacrilegious to make Joseph and Mary so real, but I really like to remember that they were real people, especially at this time of year.

And last of all a little bird ornament I did for a swap(I can promise I won't be signing up for any of those next year at this time!). You can't tell in the picture that it is dipped in glitter. I don't know how you girls photograph glitter so well! But I kind of like it's simplicity and that is unusual for me, I usually like more and more.

Oh, and by the way I think I may have found a solution to the men and the crafty christmas problem---photography on etsy!

7 comments:

Circe said...

That is the sweetest picture ever! Hey, how do you get the pictures to be upright? I am such a computer idiot. Did you see the picture of freestone that was sideways? And by the way, yes, I think cuteness is a reason to have your kids play instruments!

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

OH MY goooodness!! hahahhaa! How adorable that photo is!! never saw this versio of this story.... OH, I love knowing ther is glitter on that!!! You know me and glitter! Yikes.. Too lovely!! Did I send any postcards in your package? Naughty friend if I didn't???

Alison Gibbs said...

What a wonderful Christmas card.
Love the bird even though we can't see it's glitter.
Alison

love.boxes said...

Darling. Love the idea of the Mary & Joseph books.

noodle and lou said...

thanks for sharing that adorable Christmas card!! So sweet! And how on earth did she just have a baby and already get her Christmas cards out??!! I need her secret please:) xoxo...jenn

SSWS said...

I was looking for a good Christmas book. I'm taking your recommendation. I'll let you know how it goes. Hope you are great! Thanks for commenting on my blog.

Sarah Smiles said...

Wow! My kids made your blog. How exciting! It's my favorite Christmas card as well!!!!! Just so you know this is the first year for a couple of years now that we have gotten Christmas cards out. My husband did most of the work to get it done and my Mom helped. Once I had the idea, during a sleepless night before Spencer was born, I just had to do it!