Sunday, December 02, 2007

Snow in California!

Well we found a little patch of snow to play in yesterday. To kick off the holidays Livermore City brought in a couple of loads of snow for the kids to play in. I think it was probably made by a giant snowcone machine. Tons of kids, one little patch of snow!

But the kids had fun. Brittany made a tiny little snowman.

And Matthew worked on a a road through the snow. You may notice my kids have no snow clothes on, we gave them all away. I couldn't help but think of the snow storm my family was telling me they had in Utah yesterday and as much fun as my kids had it did seem a little pitiful to me. But hey, at least they did make a snowman this year right?

7 comments:

Circe said...

That's really all the snow you need. My kids spent 45 minutes putting on their gear today and 5 minutes in the snow. Were we that wimpy when we were kids? All I remember is, "Be home by dark." There were times when my brothers and I were literally lost in our vast back yard. For hours. Nobody noticed! Tell B. that I loved her snowman! She is so creative! Circe

love.boxes said...

Hooray for snow. Love B's little snow guy! Hope you all had a really fun day. Your mom came by yesterday and gave me my birthday gift. I love it all! Thanks so much!

Janice said...

A friend who lives in Rondo Beach had snow brought in for their ward Christmas party. How cool!

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

Awwwwwwe.. too cute. One little patch, lots of kids... sad and adorable all bundled into one... At least they were given snow... that is the wonderful part right? and that little snowman is just too cute for words!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,
How great that the kids got to play in the snow (even if it was fake snow...I am sure they didn't mind!)
I know my kids would love it. They have never seen snow before and I have only ever seen a light covering of snow (just this last June actually).
Kathy :)

Felicia said...

LOL Fabulous! Reminds me of the time it snowed in Florida when I was a kid (decades ago). Just a few inches on the ground but it was such an anomaly that we had to get out and play with it.

Sarah Smiles said...

I am glad that they got to play in some snow. We have lots of it. I love Brittany's cute little snowman. Rachel just made a big one tonight in our backyard and just as she was finishing a snow storm literally blew in!