Wednesday, January 07, 2009

The Ticking Time-bomb

Okay so today my boys and I were sharing an unusually affectionate moment. Unusual not because they aren't cuddly boys but because I usually don't slow down long enough to take time to snuggle them. So here we are on the couch, although you can tell they are much more into the television show we were watching than me. I am thinking to myself in this picture "Gee, I really ought to do this more often. Soon my boys won't let me snuggle them at all. I am really going to enjoy these moments!"
About three hours later this boy, this super-cute, wonderful, funny, cuddly boy is... big time sick. Lots of sore tumminess and finally the dreaded puking. So now I am afraid I am a ticking time-bomb. I mean my mommy antibodies are good but are they that good. Only time will tell.

6 comments:

ittybittyandpretty said...

funny how cuddly kids usually mean sick kids!!! that always happens to me. when they cuddle i say what wrong? hope you dont get it!!!

Michelle said...

You are right, I should have been suspicious!

Sarah Smiles said...

I hope you don't get it. I just had it on Sunday. I was so glad that we were back home. We drove all day Saturday and got home at 9pm.

Circe said...

lol! Golda and Ruby got that on our trip, but it skipped the rest of us. Or maybe I got it. It's hard to tell with morning sickness! Good luck! Shall we postpone until next week? I'm up for either!

Diane Duda said...

Ah, what's a little puking when cuddlin' is the reward.
I use to always make my boys promise that they would still cuddle with me when they got bigger. They said they would, but, of course, it rarely happens.
I have to settle for brief, bone-crushing hugs now and again. :)

Bonus Mom said...

So sorry he got sick. Are you still germ free? Adler may have MONO! Seriously? I can't understand how a 1 year old, that stays home with me bored most days, could have Mono. My posting will be random at best. He is so whiny and attached to me.