Monday, February 01, 2010

All is Right in Matthew's World

See that? Happy boys. That makes me really happy today. Matthew and I spent the morning at Primary Children's Hospital talking to Cardiologists about a heart murmur that has been showing itself during this winter's round of Strep Throat. Our doctor recommended we go and have it checked to make sure it wasn't a problem. I have to admit, I was pretty nervous. My niece spent almost three weeks there when she was a baby and it was a very scary time for us. As much as I am grateful Primary's is there I really hoped never to have to go there again. But our day was really a very pleasant adventure. Matthew and I had fun spending the day together and found everything they did really interesting. Of course best of all is that Matthew is fine. But I can't help but be especially grateful for this picture of happy boys playing the Wii after spending time in a place where so many kids aren't so lucky. It has been a good day.

6 comments:

Jennie said...

I'm glad that everything turned out okay. We have spent a day or two around PCMC and you are right, it is a good day when you get to leave with a clean bill of health.

Sarah Smiles said...

I'm glad he is okay!!!!

Janice said...

So glad all is well. Two of my kids were born with heart murmurs and one time we were sent up there too. I hated seeing my son with all of those machines connected to him. Both of my kids have since outgrown their murmurs.

Camille said...

Glad he is okay and all is well. Thank goodness for healthy kids!

Circe said...

What a relief! It's a comfort knowing PCMC is there, but you're right...you don't want to have to go there!

Diane Duda said...

So happy that the news is good news. You must be so relieved.


xo
Di