Saturday, February 06, 2010

Organizing the Garden

Wearing a flower in your hair is a big deal here in Utah if you are a female. We have been collecting them for awhile but they never have a safe place to land once they leave Brittany's head. Then they end up all mangled and ugly. I have seen this idea a few time in blogland and decided to try my own.

I just took the back out of a frame and then wrapped it in fabric that matches Brittany's room. This is actually the fabric her drapes are made of, if I could ever find a curtain rod to hang them with. Anyhow, then I hot glued it the fabric in place and added a few rows of ribbon, also hot-glued in place. Stuck the whole thing back in the frame and reattached it.

Now our flowers have a home. Course I had to make some new ones, this is a great time to do that. All the dollar stores are getting their Spring blossoms.

3 comments:

C said...

So sweet, Michelle! I can't believe how artistic you are. I bet your girls love creating with you. You and Tiffany make me just want to paint.

Maggi said...

Smart idea! This is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
Its not about the table runner. Its all about the size of the TV!
Scott