Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sweets

This is the yummy breakfast my nice husband made me for Valentine's Day. See the new measuring cups and spoons? Clever isn't he?

This is the treat I made him. Flourless Chocolate Torte. Or Death by Chocolate because I am pretty sure if you eat too much it could wipe you out. It is gluten-free. Here is the recipe.
Combine in a sauce pan:
1 pkg. Semi-sweet Chocolate chips
1 1/2 C butter
1 C sugar
1/2 C light cream
Beat 6 large eggs until frothy. Slowly whisk chocolate mixture into the eggs. Pour the whole thing into a 9" spring-form pan which has been lined with foil. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes until toothpick inserted 1" from edge comes out clean. Cool completely. I topped with whipped cream and fruit but you can also make a glaze:
Combine in sauce pan:
1 C semi sweet chocolate chips
2 T butter
Add:
3 T light cream
2 T karo syrup

6 comments:

Circe said...

William is an artist! Who knew? A man of many talents. And the torte. I want to test that theory that too much of it could be bad. I don't believe it!!

Queen Elizabeth said...

I'm pretty sure that William missed his calling in life. YUM.

Jennie said...

You guys are WAY too good to each other. My idea of a valentines treat is picking a little something up from the store. Homemade... what is that? Have fun tonight. When Jacob's shirt comes off tonight after the motorcyle crash, swoon a little extra for me. :)

Camille said...

Wow, William really is impressive with his presentation for your fancy meals. Amazing!

Here's the real question though, what does the kitchen look like when he's done? :)

Michelle said...

That is such a good Question Camille! William's biggest fault is that he thinks dishes magically reappear in the cupboards. No, that would be me and the dishwasher! Oh, well can't be perfect yet can he?

Janice said...

Wow! Looks awesome.