Friday, February 26, 2010

Pear Pie


Would you believe we actually do eat things besides desserts? You wouldn't really know it to read this blog. I guess it is just that the desserts are more fun. This is a favorite, my mom makes it for Thanksgiving. It is fun to make in the winter when the winter pears are available. So I adapted it to make it gluten-free. I guess it is really more of ta tart since it is missing a top crust.
First make the crust.
1 C rice flower
1 C powdered sugar
1/2 C melted butter
Press into a pie plate.
Cover it with sliced and peeled pears. Then mix the following together.
1/2 C sugar
2 T corn starch
1/2 C cream
2T of frozen orange juice concentrate
1 T lemon juice
Pour this over the top. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the top. Bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes

3 comments:

vivian said...

mmmm! I wonder how many points for weight watchers! looks really good.

C said...

Yummy! My mom made it with peaches. So delicious.

stef et sa belette said...

HUMMMMMM !!! many thanks !
sincerely