Friday, July 20, 2007


The Batcave!


When we first told the kids that we would be moving and that meant the Mom and Dad would be going to look for a new house my four year old Matthew asked me to find a house with a Batcave. He is really into super-heroes and has been after his dad to take a saw to one of the walls in his old room and make him a Batcave there. So when the kids came to see the new house and found a storage space under the stairs he was thrilled--he found his Batcave! So on one of those days when I was trying to be the fun mom I remembered I had picked up some vinyl letters that were a misprint from the lady I buy that stuff from. I had no idea at the time what I would ever do with it, but it was a dollar and I knew that if I could find something, my batboy would love it. So believe it or not I am sharing my storage closet with my kids, we tried to put all the Christmas stuff around the corner and will hand a curtain or something and now they have a Batcave. They like to take bean bags in there and read or whatever. I am such a sucker! Oh, and he is showing you his muscles!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a clever mom you are! I know your little guy is loving his very own bat cave! XXOO, Beth

Amanda Edwards said...

that is so cool! every kid needs their own cave/cubby house to hide out in and feel all secretive and safe! I bet they are so thankful that you let them have this cupboard. You are Super Mom in their eyes now!