Thursday, July 12, 2007





Okay, so in an effort to foster love in my heart for my new home in California and an attempt to share with the folks back in Utah I have decided to pick new things I like about this new place. So todays item is flowers.


These little beauties are everywhere! And the trees are all blooming, I mean a tree that is covered in fuchia colored blossoms! How can you not love that?! That is the tree I think I will ask for on my birthday. The more of them I see the more I want one!
Thank you so much for your lovely words of welcome and commiseration on moving! You guys are the best and have just fulfilled one of my hopes, that this blog would help me feel less isolated as I adjust to my new place. Nothing like taking your friends with you, in one way or another!

3 comments:

Natasha Burns said...

Gorgeous flowers Michelle! The first two pics look like Oleander, they are a fabulous tree!!! Also comes in white flowers which look so beautiful too. We used to have some until I decided to clear the area so we could have more space in the front yard, they are so hardy, I tried cutting them down and they kept sprouting back up. The perfect plant/tree for a non-green-thumb like me. Oh but be careful because they are poisonous ~ hence the clever name of the film 'White Oleander' with Michelle Pfeiffer... sorry i've rambled!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers :)

Diane Duda said...

So glad you made it! The flowers are beautiful and I can't wait to see more pictures of your new home!

xo
Di