Sunday, July 22, 2007

Chocolate Chip Cookies


This post is for my gluten-intolerant friends and family. If you have this condition you understand how exciting it is when you find something good. Well we tried a new cookie recipe today from Liz's blog killthegluten.blogspot.com and it was sooooo good! It is her recipe for white chocolate chip macademia nut cookies only I just used good old chocolate chips and they were so good. They look and taste like real cookies! Hubby is so happy and for those of you who can eat gluten here someone really enjoying one!
Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened (I use half margarine and half butter)
1 & 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 & 1/2 tsp GF vanilla
2 eggs
3 cups white rice flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups (11oz bag) GF white chocolate chips
1 & 1/2 cups Macadamia nuts, chopped (I only use 1/2 cup, but would still be great with none!)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars until fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, and beat well. Blend in flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in white chips and nuts. Drop by teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes

5 comments:

liz said...

yay! SO glad to share the love.

Melanie, my sister in law who also posts on the site, made your garbanzo bean (sp?) cake and plans to post about it this week! I am so excited to see her photos and try it for myself soon.

we made the rice crispy treats melanie posted and they rocked.

Anonymous said...

LOOK at that face!!!! I want one too!!!xoxox

(did you say batcave??)

Camille said...

Wow, I don't have a problem with gluten, but those cookies sure look good.... gluten or not!

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,
Thanks so much for visiting my new blog ~ it's lovely to meet you!!

And boy these cookies look so yummy...in fact I would love to have one right now! Love chocolate chip cookies!!!

Catch up with you again soon.
Kathy :)

Sarah Smiles said...

Very adorable.