Tuesday, March 13, 2007



Books!

Tiffany from Loveboxes has been telling me that I should blog about some of my favorite books. First you have to know that I have a reading problem. I know that doesn't sound like a problem but trust me it can be. Ever since I was little reading has been a fantastic world for me, frankly one that was a lot more fun and interesting at times. So as a kid I read everywhere, at school(inside my textbooks), at the table, in the car, in the bathtub. I must confess that I still do this. My husband laughs because I can cut vegetables and read at the same time, or fold laundry or any number of other activities. So needless to say there is usually some book in my life. I go through phases, sometimes biographies, sometimes historical fiction, sometimes what my mom calls fluff and sometimes children's literature. I hesitate to recommend books because peoples opinion of what language and behavior is appropriate varies so greatly, especially in my little world. This is the major reason I do not join church book clubs. So with great trepidation I will attempt to recommend a book a week. This week's book is from children's lit. I have loved kids books long before I ever thought about having kids. This week's book is Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine. It was made into a movie a couple of years ago with Anne Hathaway that was cute but not nearly as good as the book. It is basically a variation on Cinderella. I love fairy tales and this really was a fun one.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey folks I don't know what happened with this picture

love.boxes said...

Love that book, the movies are hardly ever as good, except the movie Chocolat. I like that movie better than the book because of the Catholic bashing in the book, of which I do not approve.

Anonymous said...

My 7-year old daughter read this book and loved it. I also loved it. I pleasant, enjoyable read. Sarah

Jenni said...

oh goody, i love book recommendations, keep them coming!