Monday, March 05, 2007

I made Anita's bread!

This is our favorite french bread that my friend Leslie's mom Anita is famous for. It is yummy and easy!
Mix the following and set aside.
2 Tbls. yeast
3 c. warm water
pinch of sugar
Add to the above:
1/4 c oil
1/8 c sugar
1 T salt
7c flour
Mix well, require some kneading and raise 10-15min. Pinch and turn to shape into three long loaves. Place on greased cookie sheet. Then snip tops and wash with egg white. Sprinkle with poppy or sesame seeds if desired. Raise 20-30min. Bake at 350 25-30 min.

5 comments:

liz said...

yum- unlike most recipes for bread this one doesn't seem to intimidating!

I would so many this for a lunch with friends (minus celiac husband!)

Anonymous said...

WHAT???? Oh, how would love to have some now.. A slice with pure butter... a slice with warm brie and raspberry.....A slice with.. Okay, I am getting carried away, but it looks so terribly yummy!!!

love.boxes said...

It IS really, REALLY GOOD!

Michelle said...

I makes yummy toast too. I do so wish it were gluten free though, I have had terrible luck in that department.

Lilli in Vancouver said...

That must've been fun, playing with scissors :)