Friday, March 30, 2007

Easter Fudge




Easter Fudge!

Yes folks you read right, that is Easter fudge. I have decided to start a new Easter tradition, and it is this yummy green fudge. We first tried it this Christmas, it is so yummy that I blame it personally for any pounds gained during Christmas this year. Well as you can see it is really a very pretty green color and I think it looks more like spring than winter, although I am sure I will still make it then too. I thought it would be fun to put in a few Easter packages plus we just love eating it. I hate to admit that since this picture was taken a couple of days ago we have devoured half the pan without even getting it wrapped. So if you are looking for a new tradition, and can't we always use a new food one, here is the recipe:

1 cup Butter, 1 Can evaporated milk, 4 cups sugar, 1 bag of the green mint chips shown above, 1 bottle marshmallow cream, 1tsp peppermint extract. Lightly butter sides and bottom of heavy saucepan. Butter sides and bottom of 9x13 pan and set aside. Place butter in pan and melt. Add milk, then add sugar, keeping sugar off sides of pan. Cook over med high heat until 236 degrees (SLC, Utah) stirring constantly. Remove from heat and let cool until warm, around 175 degrees. Do not stir. Add chip and stir until melted. Add marshmallow cream. Add peppermint extract and food coloring. Beat by hand 1 to 2 minutes. Pour into buttered pan. Drizzle a little melted chocolate over top for decoration. Let cool and cut. This is really easy if you have a candy thermometer, one of the worlds great inventions.

5 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Pretty, too. Nice springy color for fudge.

love.boxes said...

Those Guittard chips are the very best! I love them!

Mumsy said...

I keep coming back over here to look at that fudge. I'm going to hunt down some of those chips so I can make me some minty fudge! Yum!

Anonymous said...

This fudge has to be the most packed with calories I have ever had. But, I will fight anyone for a piece! So much for my losing weight!
Giselle

Sarah Smiles said...

This is the yummiest, most addicting fudge ever!! It is truly yummy! We, my family, loved it. Thank you are sharing. Now I have the recipe!!! As soon as I buy some of those chips I will have to make some!