Saturday, March 10, 2007



Isn't she the cutest?!

I found her in a cupboard yesterday. I had forgotten I had her. My great-grandmother Hoffmiester(how do you like that very german name?) was a better artist than I will ever be. She was very into ceramics, I will put up some of her plates later, and must have done this little girl somewhere along the way. I am so glad her name is on the bottom. I remember her being at grandma's house when I was little, although I don't really remember treats inside. I think I inherited her when my mom was cleaning cupboards and divided stuff up between my sister and I. I know there was a lot of stuff to divide too. Some of my best childhood memories took place in Grandma Hoffmiester's basement with my sister. She had a great basement because it was finished like a little apartment but no one lived there. It was full of my grandmother and great-aunts old clothes from when they were girls, I would guess the mid-40's. My sister's girls and my daughter still play with her great old hats and jewelry left from that basement. But my sister and I would play for hours in the great dress-ups and play house in the apartment. Boy I miss being a kid! Well this little girl has made it out of the cupboard and now she is going to stay out where she can remind me of all that fun!

2 comments:

love.boxes said...

She's darling!!!

Anonymous said...

She is so cute. We can see where you get your talent. I am so glad you have such lovely memories. Sarah