Thursday, March 08, 2007

This is one of my copy-cat numbers.
I was trying to imitate Susan Ellison's fairy. I love her stuff, wish I had any hope of attempting her roses they are so beautiful. This was just for fun, to see if I could even come close. I did okay slapping paint on there, as usual it was the face that made things hard. I have decided that is how you tell a "real" artist. Faces just seem to flow out of Vanessa's (from A Fanciful Twist blog)pen. And her people and faces are so wonderful and fun to look at! So I guess I will just keep messing around because it makes me happy and who knows, eventually I might just get it!

2 comments:

love.boxes said...

Michelle, this is beautiful. I love it! You have done an amazing job with the wings and I love the goldeny dappled background. Her roses are really pretty, but I think you can do it. Try and see.

I love Vanessa's faces too! They all seem to have the personality of someone you know.

Anonymous said...

You do very well with faces. With everything really. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sarah