Wednesday, August 12, 2009

We are still here!

Poor neglected blog! I feel like I haven't been much in blogland lately. We have been busy cramming the last days of summer full of fun.
Monday we were off to the zoo again, this time with some favorite friends we don't see nearly enough of. They lived by us in Syracuse.
These two have been friends since they were two years old. Then they had the nerve to move to Springville. Something about wanting to see the father of the family more instead of losing him to a really long commute every day. It was great fun for the kids to rekindle their friendships while enjoying the animals.

There was even a new baby giraffe!
I was especially grateful to get to hug and squeeze my dear friend Jen who was in a really serious boating accident (think Natasha Richardson) but is healing and going to be okay. There is something so precious about friends you have had for years. They understand your history, have seen your kids at their best and their worst, have helped you through the garbage and still remained your friend. Of course I have no pictures of her because everyone knows moms take pictures, but don't appear in them!

2 comments:

Janice said...

We've been missing in action in too. Once school starts, I am sure we will all get back at it.

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

The blog is always neglected in the summer, it's a given. You still post more often than I do:)

I love all of the zoo pictures. We are just waiting for the weather to cool off a bit before we visit ours.

Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Tracy