Thursday, January 24, 2008

Five things about me!

Alison tagged me for a little meme the other day and I think since I have posted a lot crafts lately this is a good day for it. It is a simple one, I like that kind, just five random things about myself. So let's see:
1. I can not run my sewing machine unless I am barefoot.



2. I took one art class in high school and one in college, neither of which indicated that art was an especial talent of mine, but in the last couple of years I have started messing around with paints and now I can't see to stop. And although my funny little amateur things may never be very impressive they do make me happy.

3. When I was five months pregnant with Brittany I won a trip for two to Hawaii on the radio (yep, people really do win those things sometimes!) and spent a great week snorkeling with William. Here is the picture to prove it.


4. I never go downstairs in the morning without putting on mascara. I know that sounds incredibly vain but I have blond eyelashes and I look like an alien without mascara on and would rather die than leave the house without it. Trust me, my family would be the first to support me on this.

5. I have a terrible sense of direction. This was one of my big fears when we moved here six months ago. I was afraid that without any mountains as a reference point I would get lost and never be seen again! Luckily I must have improved my disability by working so hard to find garage sales in Utah and so with my trusty map I haven't been utterly lost yet!

I think this may have turned into five weird things about me, but it was fun. I think there have been a bunch of memes running around lately so if you haven't done one in awhile I tag you!

8 comments:

love.boxes said...

I didn't know that you won that trip on the radio! Cool!

noodle and lou said...

Loved your list Michelle...so fun!
Just saw your pillow for the first time and it is adorable!! And, oh my gosh, those little hearts are the cutest. You should sell those too. Such a sweet little gift!!!
I saw your comment just as I was coming over to your blog...I bet your painting turned out so cute. Thanks for your sweet words about mine:) Have a great Friday and weekend!! xoxo

Camille said...

That was fun to read. I remember when you won that trip. Didn't all the girls in your office win trips too. I remember it seemed so unheard of, but amazing. We just planned a cruise leaving from San Juan and hitting some of the virgin islands in April. Chris and Tally are going to come with us - we're celebrating our 10 year anniversaries. (making up for our low budget honeymoons).

Circe said...

I love it! And I learned new stuff about you! Your painting is beautiful!

Alison Gibbs said...

Michelle thanks for sharing more about yourself with us. Glad you played the game.
Alison

Janice said...

I have similair eye lash issues. However, I have yet to find a great mascara that doesn't turn into dark circles under my eyes by the end of the day.

Anonymous said...

I hear you on the makeup ..:) I love reading these list from people..I cant believe you've barely had any art training. For those of us who have taken years and years worth find this depressing.Haha!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Self-imposed deadlines are the only way for me to actually get stuff done. Right now I'm nursing some cracked hands so thats partly the reason I pushed the date back:)

Blackeyedsue said...

I have no sense of direction either. I went to the mall the other day and I had to write down what stores I passed so that I could find my way back to my car. Absolutely pathetic.

I love your art. I think it is whimsical and fun and you! My mom is an art teacher so I pretend I know what I am talking about.