Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day From Little Miss Gingham!



Well there has been so much fun doll-making in blogland I had to work on some of mine! I have had so much fun looking at Miss Vanessa and Jenn's creations I just had to do something. If you haven't seen what they are doing you really ought to go look. I kind of updated this little gingham girl. I added a little stuffed gingham heart with felted flowers and a heart shaped charm to her neck. She is very excited for Valentine's Day and is in the Shop waiting for a home.



Oh, and I attached the heart in quite a permanent manner. Do you think I should do it with Velcro or snaps so it can be removed?

7 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

i think you should leave her as she is. So sweet.
Alison

Camille said...

I'm just getting caught up on your blog. I love the doll... I'd say leave the heart. That's one of my favorite movies, you can tell that Brittney is a dancer - even in pj's and curlers she has great form. The CARS canvas looks so professional, wow you are multi-talented, and I'm sad to have missed out on the drawling for thatlatest box. It's super duper cute.

Circe said...

Michelle - at my house, we would want things stuck permanently, or they would get lost. Your dolls are beautiful. You are so talented. There is nothing you can't do! I'm so lucky to have you in my life!

LuLu Mypinkturtle said...

Bonjour Michelle! Your Valentine doll is perfect and should not be altered. I LOVE the little gingham heart! I remember the first piece I learned to sew with a sewing machine was a flat cat, made with two pieces of fabric sewn on top of each other, turned over and filled. Guess what? Mine was made with black gingham! I should try to remember exactly how it was drawn and I sew one just for fun!

noodle and lou said...

oooh...leave her just like that!! She is adorable Michelle...and the little elephants came out sooooo cute too! Your prices are so crazy good...people need to be snatching these up NOW!!

tascha said...

AHHHHHH! She is so darn cute! Love her!

love.boxes said...

I like her just how she is! Very cute and Valentiney!