Saturday, January 19, 2008

A Rite of Passage!
I don't know what it is about little boys and trains, I guess because I never was one, but there sure is a love affair between them at our house. I am afraid this seems like one more sign that my baby isn't really a baby any longer. Today we got out Matthew's motorized Thomas set and you would have thought Joshua was having Christmas all over again! I mean look at that happy face, he could hardly stand it!
You can't quite tell, but this was part of the happy-happy-yeah-for-Thomas dance. Doesn't he look like one of the big kids?

And that is supposed to be a kiss for Thomas, not Joshua having him for lunch! Yep, we love Thomas. Bye Bye baby!

12 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

How sweet Joshua is. They grow up so quickly.
Alison

Diane Duda said...

Awww! I remember the train days!
He's so cute. :)

xo
Di

Circe said...

Little Joshua is so cute! I love how much he loves the trains. Next time we see him, I suppose he'll be wearing a super hero costume and jumping off the top of the playgroud, saving the world. do they have to grow so fast?

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

Hi Michelle,
I just read your comment on my blog. Thanks so much for stopping by! My husband also thanks you (sarcasm!) for reminding me about the Jane Austen movies. I completely forgot! It's going to be a battle over the TV tonight between Jane and football:)
It was very nice to meet you. I will add you to my blog so I can check back often.
Your children are beautiful!
Tracy

Alison Gibbs said...

hey Michelle,
I have tagged you with a fun meme tag. Come on over & check it out.
Alison

Sandy McTier Designs said...

We had some fabulous train days around our house with 3 boys and THOMAS was their fav.

Have a wonderful week.
Blessings,
Sandy :)

love.boxes said...

I love the train stage. :)

Amanda Edwards said...

how old is Joshua now? I can't remember if he is older than my Joshua who is 2 in March! that went so fast, it almost makes me want to have another baby...but NO I will resist, two is plenty enough for me!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

What a cheerful play area for those cuties, with that blue wall behind them.

Anonymous said...

That's really cute. My lil Andres is obsessed with "Tommy"a s he calls him. His favorite is "Harold" and any helicopter that flies over is a "harold". We got to go on the "real Thomas" the train this past Summer and he had a blast. Does Joshua hate to leave a Thomas the train table at toy stores too?hehe

Lilli in Vancouver said...

My nephew is totally into trains right now! He'll be 2 in March, and I'm amazed at how at such a young age he related to them :)

Anonymous said...

Joshua looks so big. He is so cute.