Thursday, January 10, 2008

We Love Lightning McQueen!


I am so excited to have finally finished this! After we moved in this summer Matthew and I decided it would be fun to make his room a Cars room using the Pixar movie. So I started painting this canvas months ago. I printed off coloring pages from the movie and then traced them onto the canvas. I made the resolution to try and finish some unfinished projects so I go to work on it again. Only this time Matthew wanted to help. So he did the larger areas and I did the details. We had fun filling the stadium yesterday in the background and now it is finally finished!

Here it is in the Cars bedroom, looks a bit more lost on that big wall than I had hoped I guess we will have to add something to it. Matthew and I both like how it turned out and now I can start some Valentine's Day things. Yeah!

12 comments:

Diane Duda said...

Matthew must be thrilled. It turned out great!

Oh, and thanks for the banner compliment. I didn't create it though. Missy Sue from Hallows Hex Design deserves the credit. I could have never put that together in a million years!

xo
Di

Alison Gibbs said...

What a great job you did on the painting for Matthew.
He must be so happy.
Alison

Circe said...

That is amazing! Wow! I am very impressed. You are so creative and talented. What are you going to paint next?

Anonymous said...

Michelle and Matthew you are just a fantastic duo. Keep up the great work.
tattingbug

SSWS said...

Unbelieveable! I can't believe you both painted that! I love cars, too. It's such a great show. I can't wait to see what you do next. You are truly an inspiring friend!

Racheal Miles said...

Great painting, well done.

Racheal x

love.boxes said...

It looks great. My suggestion is to get some wood at hardware store and have W help you contruct a frame and then paint it bright red! It turned out great!

noodle and lou said...

that is the cutest! And sooo fun that you guys did it together!!
xoxox...jenn

Christine said...

Hi Michelle!
Thanks for the note you left. I've seen that pink doll before..very cute and so you make dolls too! I'm adding your link so I can see what you're up to on a regular basis.
The room is cute:) My two year olds room is blue with airplanes and images from David Shannon's book "No David". Now I just need to work on our own bedroom..it's so drab!
Have a lovely weekend:)
Chrsitine

HippieDog said...

Very cute!! What a beautiful job talented girl!! Jake's play room walls are about the same color.....love it!! Have a great weekend Michelle! xo ps....oh Jake loves his CARS cars...LOL He doesn't quite get it but at least he's trying :)

Anonymous said...

How do you do it! Wow! I thought it was a print only better! you are amazing. Way to go, Matthew. Your room looks so cool! from smiles

Anonymous said...

Michelle, did you paint that? YOu are absolutely amazing!!! I love looking at your blog!
Love you!
Maren