Tuesday, January 29, 2008

We will miss our dear President Hinckley!
I thought I would take just a moment to share this lovely photo of President Hinckley. It is from a great slide show here. Our family had a little talk last night about how President Hinkley is no longer with us and honestly I wasn't too sad. He has lived such a wonderful life and blessed and inspired so many. And who could begrudge him the opportunity to be reunited with his beloved little wife? But as I looked at that slide show and saw that dear face, I think it sort of hit me how much we all will miss him.
I think one of my favorite messages from President Hinckley is the list he gave our youth years ago of things to strive for:
Be Grateful
Be Smart
Be Involved
Be Clean
Be True
Be Positive
Be Humble
Be Still
Be Prayerful
Such a simple little list, but I am sure that if I could "be"all these things I know I would be a lovelier, happier person and so I am grateful to President Hinckley for leaving me with something to strive for yet!

8 comments:

Janice said...

I forgot about that. I have the those up in my son's room. I need to remind everyone about those again.

Heather said...

I totally feel the same way. He was so warm, charming, funny and sincere. He will be so very missed, but it's hard to be sad knowing he's with his dearly missed wife. He was truly an amazing man and a beautiful example of the kind of person we should all strive to be.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your feelings and reflection. We all agree young and old that President Hinckley will be missed but not forgotten. His example, teachings and humor will last forever. What a great example for all of us to emulate and follow. Thanks for sharing the picture, it is typical and special at the same time.
Love, Dad Butler

Circe said...

Thank you! I love that little list, especially, "Be still." It's so important, and so overlooked.

Circe said...

Hey! I just got your message! I love that we're both doing the same thing at the same time. I'm so glad to be part of this blogging thing! Don't feel left out...I drove by Temple Square Monday morning, and it was quiet. You're as close to the sentiment as any of us. Anyway... it's good to blog with you! I'm checking out now! :)

love.boxes said...

I loved those b's. :)

Richard said...

Very nice. Thank you for sharing that. What a dear picture as well. We will miss him dearly!!!!!!!!!!!1

Richard said...

they are all from me sae not rke,but you probably knew that.