Saturday, January 05, 2008

New Year's Resolutions
I have been thinking of things I want to resolve to do better at this year. Number one is definitely going to be a better attempt at a healthier lifestyle. I have decided that the new year doesn't really start for me until Monday when my kids go back to school. So starting Monday there will no more junky food going into my mouth. So of course I will be loading up this weekend! I am not going to eat after 8 p.m. and am going to go do the running club they have at the kids school with them three times a week. We will see how it goes, I am hoping by putting it in print here it will help me commit. But another of this years resolutions is to finish all craft projects I start in a timely manner. And finish those not yet finished. So here is one I have already accomplished. It has been a full year since I started this blog, one of the most fun things I have ever started, and in one of my very first posts I showed a ripple afghan I was starting. I was all inspired by Miss Alicia and wanted to give it a try. Well, a full year later I finished! Granted it is only a lap size, but it is keeping my toes warm and the bright colors are making me happy. Of course, I turned right around and started one to match my bedroom. So now the next thing to finish is the painting I started for Matthew's room when we moved in but we are working on it(and if you want a fun challenge try painting a project with a five year old's help!)

5 comments:

Circe said...

Cute afghan! I like your resolutions. I'm trying to finish all my projects, too, like potty training Xanthe and scrapbooking. Healthy eating...good idea. Send me your left-over potato chips! :)

Alison Gibbs said...

Love the afghan.
Alison

love.boxes said...

It turned out sooo pretty! Good job!

Janice said...

I am so with you on the a healthier life style. I have been feeling grose for the last month. Time to step it up! LOVE the afghan. LOVE IT!

Felicia said...

Good for you! Hope you're having a Happy new Year :)