Friday, January 25, 2008





Loving Jane


I have really been enjoying the Masterpiece Theater production that has been running on Sunday nights. They are running a bunch of Jane Austen novels turned into movies. This week is Mansfield Park. It is on PBS and really, they have been great. I am hardly noticing the writers' strike now! Anyhow, watching these has really but me in the mood for more Jane so I checked out Gwyneth Paltrow's version of Emma yesterday from the library and watched it while painting and sipping hot chocolate. I love school days! It was a lovely afternoon and I remembered how much I love this version. Emma Thompson's Sense and Sensibility is my favorite, but I think this one might be second. Gwyneth is just so lovely, the costumes are fabulous and so is the acting. I'm sure you have probably all seen this one but it sure is worth watching again!

And this is the little painting I worked on. It is just tiny, 4x4. I love all of Jenn's work and she had a painting awhile back of two of her black haired girls and I just couldn't get it out of my head, I wanted to try something similar of Brittany and me. So this is my poor attempt, Jenn is really so amazing and although I knew that before I really appreciate it now. She is also such a sweet and doesn't seem to mind my wanting to be like her(never happen in a million years!), and I suppose they do say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. But you really should go visit her and see how it is really done! I love everything she does! But it is sort of fun to have my little version of me and my girl.

7 comments:

love.boxes said...

So cute! You & B look great!

Diane Duda said...

I think this is sweet and also love your "love" pillow.
Glad you got them out of your head and shared them with us.

xo
Di

- I love Jenn too!

Circe said...

Cute! I love your style! It's so fun to see what your brain looks like! :)

noodle and lou said...

Oh my gosh you are sooooo funny!!!! This is FABULOUS!!! I love it to pieces and what a special treasure for you and your daughter!!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. You did an amazing job:) xoxoxoxo

noodle and lou said...

oooh...thanks Di too!!!!

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

I've been watching, and falling asleep to, Emma every night for the past few weeks! I love to watch Mr. Knightly propose over and over again! I'm such a nerd...this is why I watch them alone in my bedroom lol.

All of your new work looks great!

Tracy

angela said...

I love that movie, too! Ah, Jane Austen films are lovely. I've been watching the Masterpiece films for the last couple of weeks, and I think my favorite of those so far has been "Northanger Abbey" - the actress they chose for the little heroine was so charming!

Anyway, love knowing we have something so fun in common! Love your blog, too :)

- angela hoffman