Thursday, February 28, 2008

Another yummy treat!

Has anyone noticed I post a lot more treats and desserts than I ever do dinner items? Can you see where my priorities are? So here is another one. I made this a long time ago, just after William was diagnosed with Celiac disease. I think it was the first normal recipe I found that just happened to lack poisonous flour. That was when I learned those are usually the best gluten-free recipes. For some reason I hadn't made it in ages and when a craving for a treat hit while our visitors were here I decided to try it again. It is sooooo yummy! Unfortunately I didn't think to take a picture until it was mostly consumed but you get the idea. Don't be fooled by the poor photo though, it really is a torte and not at all brownie like. We at it with a dollop of whipped cream on top. So if you are craving rich chocolaty treat and are willing to through caution to the wind regarding calories(and those New Years resolutions!), give this one a try.

Chocolate Torte
Combine the following in a medium saucepan:
2 pkgs semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cup butter
1 C sugar
1/2 c light cream
Heat until it is melted and combined.
Beat 6 eggs until frothy. Slowly whisk chocolate mixture into eggs. Line the bottom of a spring form pan with aluminum foil. Pour mixture into pan and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes until a knife comes out clean. Cool. Remove from the pan and chill. Yummy!

Oh, and I am making it again tonight.

Here is today's picture, it really is big!

4 comments:

love.boxes said...

That really sounds right up my alley! Love the chocolate!

Circe said...

That looks easy enough for me to try, and chocolatey enough, too!

Circe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Circe said...

What is going on? My comment posted twice, so I removed it...just in case you were wondering!