Monday, February 25, 2008

Little Books

Well, our company has gone and now we are settling back into our normal routine. It sure was fun having our Oma and Opa visit the last 10 days but I guess we can't keep them forever. For one thing they might end up permanently crippled sleeping on our hide-a-bed! Before the left this morning I decided to try and get some little birthday treats ready to send for them to pass out at the next family gathering. We have a large majority of our family birthdays in February, March and April so I decided to just send one for each of my nieces and nephews so no one would be left out. I decided to make these little blank books for them. I saw them on Angry Chicken's blog I think awhile back. These are for the boys.
And these are for the girls. As you can see my tendency to get carried away took over again. I just couldn't stop making them! they are just a piece of scrapbook paper cut the same size as blank white paper. I cut white copy paper in half (5 1/2 x 8") and then cut the scrapbook paper to fit. I zig-zagged down the middle with my sewing machine after folding them in half and there you go! We took some to church and my kids had fun with them. Hope the cousins do too!

And hey! My spell-check is working again! Yeah!

9 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

ichelle what a fabulous idea for making little books.
So pretty.
Alison

Natasha Burns said...

Michelle I just love what you have made! Think I'm going to have to try that one too, how fab!!! No wonder you made heaps!

Marci said...

Where is mine??? Hey I sorry I missed you last night.

Katrina Chambers said...

What a great idea!!

noodle and lou said...

I love them! You make the cutest things Michelle:) I wish I could sew!!!!! xoxox...jenn

Circe said...

Cute books! I'm going to get my kids going on that project. It looks fun. I love your tendency to get carried away. I get a little manic about projects I love, too.

Janice said...

Oh! Those are so fun.

tascha said...

Those books are so cute!

Felicia said...

They're adorable :)